REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS AND CURRENT PROTOCOL
AT LAVIDA MASSAGE OF SMITHTOWN
Updated March 12, 2020
As the threat of the spread of the COVID-19 disease (Coronovirus) continues to grow, we have introduced increased protocols within our facility to further protect both our clients and staff from the potential spread.
Please note the following:
- We do not charge a fee when an appointment is cancelled due to illness. If you do not feel well (from any illness) please reschedule your appointment.
- We always have and will continue to diligently sanitize each treatment room after each client session. This includes disposing of disposable face cradle covers, removing and laundering sheets, and wiping down bed and common areas with disinfectant wipes. (No sheets or robes are ever used by more than one person prior to washing, nor do we “double sheet” the massage tables – a popular tactic in many establishments to save time between clients.)
- We have ADDED the following measures to our protocol:
- We have asked our therapists to temporarily cease using a “handshake” greeting. Please don’t be offended if you have been accustomed to being greeted this way by your therapist in the past!
- We have removed fabric covers from underneath disposable face cradle covers as to allow us to disinfect the face cradle more thoroughly.
- Therapists may choose to wear a protective face mask during your session. Please know that this in NO WAY implies that they are ill or anyone we have seen prior to you is confirmed ill. (This is a measure we allow our therapists to take for their own personal comfort.)
- Therapists will spray same areas that have been wiped, as well as touchpoint areas (including door handles, mirror area, seat area, etc) with a small amount of Lysol Disinfectant or Alcohol mix. (Please forgive us if you now smell Lysol from time to time instead of our fabulous aromatherapy!)
- Our front desk staff will be sanitizing our common areas with a Lysol Disinfectant or Alcohol mix, including:
- front door reception area
- samples and tester area
- pens/gratuity station
- reception door handles
- bathroom (including handles and faucets)
- employee areas (including sinks, CPUs, desks, eating areas, etc)
- Cleanings will occur several times a day on the following schedule: (9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 8pm)
- We have posted current CDC Guidelines for proper hand-washing in the bathrooms.
- We have distributed a detailed protocol to all employees and adhere strictly to the CDC guidelines to self-quarantine if someone becomes exposed to the illness.
- You can be sure that you will be contacted immediately if there is any exposure to the Coronavirus from a staff member or another client. Please make sure your contact information is up to date with our front desk.
- For the most up to date information about the Coronavirus, please visit the official CDC Website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time.