What is IPL Hair Removal?
This effective and safe hair removal procedure is achieved with Forma-tk’s unique IPL technology. Broad-Light spectrum is applied to the surface of the skin, targeting melanin.This light travels through the skin until it strikes the hair shafts or the bulb (root) where the highest concentration of melanin is located. As the light is absorbed, the bulb and most of the hair shaft are heated, destroying the hair-producing papilla. Additionally heat conversion occurs directly in the darker capillaries that bring blood to the follicle.
What will it do for me?
Tired of unsightly hair? Tired of shaving? Tired of nicks and cuts right before that special occasion? You may want to consider a more long-term solution. IPL Hair Removal will eliminate the need for shaving, save you time in the shower and give you the confidence to need to "get up and go" whenever you need to!
What is a session like?
Your session begins in a comfortable room with an analysis and gentle cleanse of your face, or baby wipes to wipe your skin if treating other areas. Your esthetician will cover your eyes to protect them from the light. A cool gel is applied to the area and a cold surface will move along the area to apply the pulsed light. You may feel a slight stinging (like a rubber band snap) as your skin gets used to the light therapy. You can ask your esthetician to lower the settings if you feel uncomfortable during your session. When your session is over, your esthetician will remove the gel and give you a cool gel pack for any discomfort.
To prepare for your session...
- Avoid self-tanners and excessive sun. Do not arrive with tanned skin.
- Do not arrive with deodorant or body lotion on if treating those areas.
- Avoid use of medication and herbs known to induce photosensitivity to light exposure at the wavelengths used, such as Isotretinoin (Accutane) within the last 6 months, tetracyclines, or St John’s Wort within the last 2 weeks. You will see more specific contraindications on our consent form when you come in for your consult or session.
- Protect your improved skin with daily sunscreen, or SPF make-up.
- Do Not use IPL therapy if you are pregnant
- Please note that we reserve the right to withhold treatment – it is your esthetician’s discretion
The main side effects of IPL therapy are mild, temporary swelling, redness, and an occasional bruise or small superficial blister (like a sunburn blister). Rarely, there is bruising, which can take 1-2 weeks to resolve.
How many sessions will I need?
At any one time, not all hair follicles are ‘active’. Only active hair follicles can be affected by the treatment. ‘Inactive’ hair follicles can be treated as they become ‘active’ over time. A series of treatments is required to remove most visible hair because of this cycle. On average, 6-8 sessions are generally needed for effective IPL Hair Removal.
How much does it cost?
We have pricing per body part for IPL Hair Removal. Please visit us or call for your specific area.
How do I get started?
Call us for a FREE CONSULTATION and we will help you design a treatment plan that is perfect for your skin type, time frame and budget.
Just pick up the phone and be on your way to clearer skin!
See the results...
While individual results may vary... the below pictures are a good example of what you can expect...