What is Halotherapy?
Dry salt therapy (halotherapy) acts to cleanse the respiratory system and the skin, which helps to relieve congestion, inflammation, and skin conditions. It is a natural, drug-free, non-invasive treatment that utilizes a halogenerator to grind, crush, and disperse micron-sized particles of pharmaceutical grade salt into the room to help aid respiratory and skin concerns.
What will it do for me?
Dry salt acts like a sponge attracting foreign substances along its path through the respiratory tract. Imagine the dry salt behaving like a toothbrush that cleans the respiratory system, removing the build-up of foreign elements that cause various respiratory ailments and conditions. Inhaled dry salt particles may help to reduce inflammation in the entire respiratory tract and widen the airway passages, naturally resulting in higher oxygen intake, increased energy, and an improved immune system. The dry salt particles act as an anti-bacterial agent, dissolving bacteria and pollutants lodged in the respiratory tract. These are then either coughed up or naturally expelled by the body.
Are there any side effects from Dry Salt Therapy?
There are no harmful side effects of dry salt therapy. The treatment is completely natural. A slight cough or a runny nose is normal after treatment, but this is simply the salt working to remove mucus and toxins from the lungs and airways.
Who should NOT get Dry Salt Therapy?
Halotherapy is not recommended for people with contagious diseases, fever, open wounds, lung cancer, severe hypertension, mental disorders and active tuberculosis. Pregnant women should consult with their doctor before treatment. Halotherapy is recognized as a safe and effective wellness practice for preventive and restorative health care. It is not a medical treatment and does not offer a cure! Anyone with serious health concerns needs to seek proper medical advice and care.
What is a session like?
We offer several options in the Salt Room at LaVida. Our most popular is the public session which typically seats five adults for a 45-minute session.
- Arrive for your scheduled session five minutes early wearing loose, comfortable clothing and no jewelry.
- Use a locker for your shoes, keys, phone, etc.
- Shoes of any type are not permitted in the Salt Room. Please wear socks.
- You may bring a pillow, blanket, book, etc. if you choose. Cell phones, electronics, and jewelry are not permitted as salt can be corrosive.
- Your treatment begins promptly. Once the halogenerator starts you will NOT be permitted to enter the closed room.
- When the Halogenerator starts, just sit back, breathe deep and relax to our music or read your favorite book! The temperature and humidity in the rooms are controlled to provide an optimal experience.
- When your treatment ends, you may exit the room, collect your things from your locker and join us in the reception area to book your next session and refresh with complimentary water.
How many sessions will I need?
The science suggests that if you are in need of respiratory support, you can come several times a week until you are feeling better. Once optimum health is reached, a maintenance session once a week or once a month may keep you feeling healthy!
How much does it cost?
A stand-alone session is $50
You can purchase our multi-use session packages (5 or 10 sessions) at a discounted rate.
- 5 Session Multi-service package - $225 ($45 each)
- 10 Session Multi-service package - $400 ($40 each)
Multi-service package sessions can be used for:
- LED Therapy Sessions
- Infrared Sauna Sessions
- Public Salt Room Sessions
- Lymphatic Drainage Suit Sessions
How do I get started?
Since this treatment is effective and safe on almost all people, you can just call to book your session right NOW! 631-979-9000.
If you have any medical issues or concerns, please contact your Doctor for approval first and bring with you for our files!