What is Far Infrared Radiant Heat?
Infrared heat provides all the healthy benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation. When your body warms up, it taps into a variety of natural, beneficial processes that increase metabolism, improve skin, boost mood, eliminate toxins, burn fat, and more.
How does it work?
Far infrared waves penetrate into our body and activate the sweat glands. The sweat glands are one of the tools that the body has at hand to eliminate toxins. The skin is the largest organ of the human body and is able to discharge large amounts of waste material through the sweat glands.
Why is infrared heat better than traditional saunas?
Infrared heat therapy uses the wavelength of the visible and non-visible light spectrum of sunlight that heats the body normally. Traditional saunas raise the temperature of the air to a very high level within the chamber to warm the body. Infrared saunas work differently. Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, infrared saunas heat the body directly. The result is deeper tissue penetration. In an infrared sauna, the body perspires and receives all of the healthy benefits but avoids the harmful and extremely hot air of a traditional steam sauna.
What is our Infrared Session like?
Your relaxing, private session can be anywhere from 20-45 min.
(We recommend that everyone begin with 20 minutes)
- Arrive for your session 5 minutes early (15 minutes early if first time for paperwork please!), and when your room is cleaned and ready, you will be escorted in.
- Your LaVida representative will discuss the session with you and set the parameters of the sauna.
- You have room to undress (a bathing suit is recommended), and a robe and towel are provided for you to use in the sauna.
- Enter the sauna and relax, read a book, listen to your own music (via bluetooth connection), enjoy the chromatherapy, or just sleep in relaxing warmth!
- When your session ends, exit the sauna and dry off before dressing and checking out at the front desk where you can rehydrate and book your next session!
Who should NOT use Infrared Heat?
Seek permission from your doctor prior to use for the following:
- Taking Medications
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Under 12 or over 65 years of age
Infrared sauna use is contraindicated for people with following conditions:
- Insensitivity to Heat
- Alcohol / Alcohol Abuse
Although infrared saunas are generally considered safe with no side effects, there are still some potential risks. As with any sauna, the dangers of infrared saunas include the risk of becoming overheated, dehydrated, or dizzy. You can generally avoid this by drinking enough fluids before and after. In the rare event that you experience pain and/or discomfort while in the sauna immediately discontinue use.
How many sessions will I need?
While some enjoy a session every day, it will depend on what you are looking to use the sauna for.
For example; If you are looking to detoxify, you may want to go several days in a week until you are feeling great, then go weekly for maintenance. We would be happy to discuss your goals and help design a schedule best for you!
How much does it cost?
A stand-alone session is $50
You can purchase our multi-use session packages (5 or 10 sessions) at a discounted rate.
- 5 Session Multi-service package - $225 ($45 each)
- 10 Session Multi-service package - $400 ($40 each)
Multi-service package sessions can be used for:
- LED Therapy Sessions
- Infrared Sauna Sessions
- Public Salt Room Sessions
- Lymphatic Drainage Suit Sessions
How do I get started?
Since this treatment is effective and safe on almost all people, you can just call to book your session right NOW! 631-979-9000.
If you have any medical issues or concerns, please contact your Doctor for approval first and bring with you for our files!